Criteria for receiving a CHWM Certificate of Merit
A CHWM Certificate of Merit is awarded to five organizations within each category of small (<100 employees), medium (100 – 500 employees), and large (>500 employees) who meet the criteria (below).
Scoring of the Submission is based upon the following 10 criteria with a maximum of 10 points each for a total possible score of 100
Explain how the healthy workplace initiative:
- Supports the current year’s CHWM theme
- Applies SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time sensitive).
Supports a comprehensive approach to workplace health in Canada that includes the four elements of a healthy workplace:
- Health lifestyles
- Workplace culture and mental health
- Physical environment
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Demonstrates innovation (i.e., ‘out of the box’ thinking/approach).
- Provides a useful and practical healthy workplace tool(s) and/or resource(s) to create a healthy workplace for employees and the organization.
- Encourages participation by all staff (inclusive, accessible)
- Is “shareable” with other organizations? (Can it be reproduced elsewhere?)
- Has measurable outcomes
- Achieves good participation rates amongst the group population
In addition to the above nine criteria, 10 points are also available for the overall quality of the submission.