Healthy Activity Ideas
Corporate Social Responsibility
Pay It Forward
Engage and inspire your employees in Pay It Forward Day events. Pay It Forward is about giving to someone else and making a positive difference by inspiring and engaging others. There are many ways that your workplace can get involved in Pay it Forward initiatives.
Enable employees to help support a ‘charity of choice’ by offering time off for participation, and encourage participation with posters, incentives and team events, including:
- Have a departmental challenge whereby each department competes with each other to make a positive contribution to the community, and donate funds raised to favourite workplace charities
- Celebrate staff appreciation by providing a healthy lunch or snack (like apples!)
- Provide a mental health break with a short 10-minute breathing/yoga class
- Host a bake sale, sending proceeds to a charity of choice
- Go ‘green’ and host a day to collect things like light-bulbs, old cellphones, batteries, etc.
- Hold a clothing/food drive and donate to a local charity
- Set up a book exchange in a centralized location and encourage employees to bring in books to share, and others to help themselves for free
Encourage individual acts of kindness – Create Posters, Bingo cards or Check off lists with incentives to encourage staff participation. Sample activities include:
- Buy a coffee/tea for someone
- Give “Thank You” and “Values” cards to co-workers to show their appreciation
- Mentor someone (on professional or personal level)
- Simple: Smile, hold the door or elevator for someone
- Replace what you’ve used/is empty: i.e. the printer paper, fresh pot of coffee, etc.
- Invite someone new to lunch
Download tools and resources to support activities.